Representing COST Action ARKWORK at How to overcome the fragmentation in Cultural Heritage research and funding in the context of Horizon Europe? workshop at the EUROMED 2018 conference.
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is an EU-funded programme that enables researchers to set up their interdisciplinary research networks in Europe and beyond. It is a unique means for them to jointly develop their own ideas and new initiatives across all fields in science and technology. COST has been contributing to closing the gap between science, policy makers and society throughout Europe and beyond.
In the COST-dedicated workshop, participants from COST Actions will debate on the following topics:
- Fight against fragmentation of activities and dispersion of resources.
Given the high interdisciplinary nature of the domain, the need for a better structured dialogue and a common understanding between communities is clearly a main priority. The difficult collaboration between scientists in Humanities and IT specialists is an opportunity and not an enemy and requires the main actors in the field to develop a new culture of sharing, to re-design their skills and profiles and to open up to co-creation.
Linking research with needs of society and citizens: Culture is more and more seen as the new cement for redefining European identity and integration. Investigating cultural heritage and promoting discoveries in combination with new technologies, contribute to a better understanding of our common past in order to valorise, conserve, protect and preserve the European heritage.
The dissemination of knowledge to the general public is another critical challenge, including how citizens can be actively involved in promoting, contributing and exploiting cultural heritage around them. This topic becomes therefore innovative by connecting research for the benefit of the broad society: protect and preserve cultural heritage for future generations.
- CA17131 - The Soil Science & Archaeo-Geophysics Alliance: going beyond prospection
- CA15201 - Archaeological practices and knowledge work in the digital environment
- TD1406 - Innovation in Intelligent Management of Heritage Buildings
- IS1310 - Reassembling the Republic of Letters, 1500-1800 A digital framework for multi-lateral collaboration on Europe`s intellectual history
- TD1201 - Colour and Space in Cultural Heritage